Saturday, October 2, 2010

A link to Robert Tracinski's article "Anthemgate" #aynrand #objectivism #Objectivist @DianaHsieh @TOSjournal @PaulHsieh

Anthemgate http://www.intellectualactivist.com/php-bin/news/showArticle.php?id=1234
RRD:As I note in the About section of my blog,the fact that I post a link to something should not be taken as a sign of agreement with everything in the article.I will not discuss my views on this article at this time.I may not comment until after the end of the lameduck session.I will not respond to questions on this subject at this time.I will,however state my reasons for posting a link to it.I believe Mr.Tracinski states,(though in a much more inflammatory way than I would),a view that is shared to some degree or another by many individuals.I include myself among those individuals.It is the belief that far too often in Objectivist circles reason has been replaced by bullying,by appeals to authority,by "arguments from intimidation",by passive-aggressive appeals to conformity,& in some cases by outright distortions of plainly stated postions,& "libels through omissions".I state this to explain,(briefly),my reasons for posting this.I DO NOT offer the above as proof.(And no I am not
"smearing" anyone.In order to smear someone you must either name them or at least allude to them.I will not offer criticisms of individuals without being prepared to argue my position at that time).I will not cite specific examples at this time because it would take far too long to present the evidence.Nor should my posting this be taken as agreement with Tracinski's accusations against particular people.I will express my own criticisms of the article later.As I stated before do not ask me to discuss this at this time.I will not.Two other points:
1.Tracinski is on my Facebook friend list.He will remain there for the foreseeable future.Do not threaten me with unfriending if I do not remove him.I do not unfriend to order.If you wish to offer criticisms either here or on facebook,fine.That includes arguments that I should break off contact.But I do not submit to ultimatums.Do not assume that keeping someone on my friends list,(or removing them),signifies any kind of moral judgement.It does not.
2.I will review any comments to this blog weekly,if possible.I will publish them at my discretion.
On a side note:A copy of this is being published to the Fighting Statism blog.The Fighting Statism blog is a group blog & anything published there is the sole responsibility of the author.
I created that blog at

http://www.fightingstatism.posterous.com My posts are not the responsibility of others & should not be taken as representative of their views.

Posted via email from theneointellectual

No comments: