Friday, November 16, 2012

A hypothesis seeking to explain the hostility of many in the intelligensia towards Israel.

I believe that a rarely mentioned reason for the academic & leftist hostility towards Israel, is that Israel is regarded as being a "colonialist project" & as being a "white racist oppressor state ”, by many of the intelligentsia.
I attribute this belief to a combination of Multi-Culturalist theory & the writings of Edward Said.
The term "white racist oppressor" here may sound odd,since many Israelis are not light skinned,but Multi-culturalist theory does not define "white" or "black" in terms of skin color,(or at least the part of multi-culturalist theory that I am familiar with does not) nor does it even define it in terms of objective persecution, but instead defines it in terms of ”privilege” & "perceptions" . I believe that this is what permits many multi-culturalists to treat Muslims as being oppressed ,while at the same time regarding Jews as being "white" ,even though Jews are far more likely to be the targets of hate crimes than Muslims are in the United States. It is also,in my view,a major factor in the "see no evil,hear no evil,speak no evil" attitude of the intelligensia towards Islam.


This is a topic that I will have to research in detail so as to gather evidence to either confirm or debunk my theory,but I thought I would present the theory in brief here now,simply as a hypothesis.

Posted via email from fightingstatism

No comments: