Wednesday, November 7, 2012

"Pessimism is not a survival trait” #tcot #twisters #wethepeople #teaparty

10963_1287779597617_1323998550

"Pessimism is not a survival trait” :


Captain Dylan Hunt from the TV series Andromeda.


Our situation is grave & I do not intend to offer some giddily pollyannish post about "silver linings" in the re-election of a man whose re-election both you & I regard as being disastrous,both for our loved ones & for our nation.

I have repeatedly described our situation as being "nightmarish" .


Lest there be any doubt about what I mean when I say that our situation is ”nightmarish" & about whether I see the same threats that you do, I urge you follow my links to my two previous posts in which I explained why I chose to support Romney after railing against him for months.


Why I will support Romney in the #2012 election (after opposing him) - fightingstatism


http://fightingstatism.posterous.com/why-i-will-support-romney-in-the-2012-electio


Obama is not Mcgovern,he is more dangerous

http://fightingstatism.posterous.com/obama-is-not-mcgovernhe-is-more-dangerous-ayn


To sum up:


I think that the re-election of Obama greatly diminishes the odds of repealing Obamacare.


And I think that repealing Obamacare is a matter of life & death.


I also believe that Obama,(unlike Romney),will actively try to sabotage Israel's efforts to stop Tehran from acquiring a atomic bomb,with results that are potentially catastrophic for the U.S.,Israel, & for those in Iran who oppose the regime there.

In short our situation is dire.

However it is precisely because of the fact that our situation is dire that I have a limited amount of patience for those who ,on the one hand regard themselves as being the spiritual descendents of the Founders, & who on the other have responded to our defeat in 2012 by practically weeping "what can I do,what can I do" ,like The Godfather character whom Vito Corleone must shake out of his hysteria.

Over the past several hours I have read that America is "dead",& "finished" that America is "over",& that we are entering "the twilight of America" & that we are "doomed".
These statements are not being spoken by gloating enemies seeking to demoralize us,they are being spoken by the very people who are the only thing that may stop us from being "dead" &,"finished" etc.


With all due respect: Get A Hold of Yourselves People.

The country which you are busy writing off has survived among other things, a war of Independence against the British Empire,a Civil War that many ( including Lincoln ) feared would destroy it;it has prevailed against the "Master Race" & against the terrifying Japanese suicide squads,and in spite of all the predictions of almost all of the "experts" it has outlived the Soviet Union,& yet,now,now we are "doomed".

And no, do not tell me that "that was different, since we were united then".

I'm sorry,we were united during the Civil War?


We were united in opposing Communism?


And no do not tell me that "the American Spirit is gone..."

Really?

Where has it gone?

Is it like a bird that flies around descending on this person or that person?


Or is it like some
mythical muse that we must lie around,waiting for it to "inspire us"?

The "American Spirit" is a set of beliefs ,& attitudes derived from those beliefs. My ancestors had it ,& they endured far more than you or I have ever endured to ensure that their children & their children's children could live in a free society.


They lived in a dictatorship,they fled to a free country;risking death in the process. They did not say "we're doomed" ,they said "how can we escape?" & "what method can we use" & "what can go wrong" & "what are our problems & how can we fix them".

Had they adopted the passivity & despair that I have read on Twitter & elsewhere they would not have escaped,& in all probability I would never have been born (since their descendents would have died in the Holocaust)


For that matter ,without that spirit, our country would never have gained independence,would never have defeated the Nazis & the Communists (abroad) & would never have become a superpower.


The American Spirit means:

Facing the world & asking "how can I fix this", "how can I achieve this" ,& if the answer is not apparent ,or if it seems "impossible" then they redouble their efforts.

This,& neither despair, nor Obama's collectivism is what made America great,& this is the only thing that can save it.


I will not surrender this country to the likes of Obama & Pelosi & Reid.


Posted via email from fightingstatism

No comments: